ENROLLMENT PROCESS The registration process for our students begins in mid March. To register your child(ren) please use the online enrollment form. Please note that there needs to be an enrollment form filled out for each family attending Faith Lutheran School.Enrollment Contact Information
Please contact Principal Shawn Herkstroeter @ firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 920-923-6313 ext. 12 to set up an appointment for a tour of our facilities and to discuss in detail the program of Christian education at Faith Lutheran School.
Faith Lutheran School admits students of any race, color, sex, age, handicap, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, and disability, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Faith Lutheran School is maintained primarily for the benefit of the children of the congregation. This education is supported through the regular offerings received through the members of Faith congregation.
Parents who are not members of Faith Lutheran Church, but who desire Christian education for their children, are invited to enroll their children. Non-member children do participate in the total curriculum of the school. This includes the memorization of the cheif parts of Luther's Catechism, Scripture passages, selected hymns, enrollment in Confirmation class when in the seventh and eighth grades, and participation in all other normally required religious instruction.
Non-member children are also expected to be present in church services when their classes are scheduled to participate. Non-member parents are invited and encouraged to attend an Adult information class that they might be fully aware of the distinctive character of the Lutheran religious education their children are receiving.
Children entering kindergarten must be five years of age on or before September 1st of the new school year.
There is no tuition charge for members of Faith Lutheran Church. Members are mindful that in 2013-14 it will cost over $4200.00 to educate one child and those costs continue to rise. Members of Faith Lutheran Church financially support Faith Lutheran School through their weekly contributions to church. Non-members are charged according to the following schedule for the 2013-14 school year:
Other WELS/ELS: Non-WELS/ELS:
Each Child.........$ 2735.00 Each Child............$ 3335.00
½ Day K…....... $1450.00 ½ Day K……… $1750.00
Note: WELS = Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
ELS = Evangelical Lutheran Synod
This fee is charged to cover the cost of all secular textbooks, all workbooks, most art supplies, testing materials, some transportation costs, entry fees for academic/athletic events, school assemblies and school-related activities, fees for school association with the WSMA (Wisconsin School Music Association), WCRIS (Wisconsin Council of Religious and Independent Schools) and CPS (WELS Commission on Parish Schools); and administrative expenses. This fee is determined on the basis of the school's cost for these items. The school fees are assessed to member and non member families.
School Fees Rates for the 2013-14 School Year:
Kindergarten ½ day option.......$ 250.00 per child per year
Full Day Kindergarten…………$ 335.00 per child per year
Grades 1-8…………………… .$ 335.00 for 1st & 2nd child
$ 300.00 for each additional child
Faith Financial Assistance Application - (Members Only) Click on the title and complete the application. Deadline to return applications is July 1, 2013.
Additional Fees for WLA Band and Piano Lessons:
• A band fee is charged to those students participating in the WLA Grade School Band Program. The fee is determined by WLA and is payable to WLA.
• Piano lessons are offered during the course of the school year. Fees for these lessons are paid directly to the instructor who is working as a private contractor.
Home Based Private Education Students Seeking Enrollment at Faith Lutheran School
Items to Provide Faith Lutheran School:
A. A copy of the Home-Based Private Education Program form [Wisconsin DPI – Form P1 – 1206 as amended (Rev. 5/96)];
B. A copy of the school calendar that verifies that each school term of Home-Based Private Education Instruction consisted of a minimum of 875 hours [Wisconsin Statues 118.165 (1) as amended];
C. Copies of the sequential curriculum that was taught in the six (6) mandated subject areas [Section 118.165 (1)(d) as amended];
D. Records of satisfactory student performance for each course taken.
Upon receipt of the above documentation the principal will determine the following:
1) If other assessment tests are needed for proper placement at Faith Lutheran School.
2) In what educational setting the student will be placed due to his or her academic performance during the time of Home-Based Instruction
3) The evaluation process will include an interview with the parent or legal guardian before becoming effective.
4) The placement recommendation shall be in writing, signed by the principal and placed in the student’s record.
In the event that a student seeks enrollment at Faith Lutheran School who is currently in a Home-Based Educational Program and does not have the proper documentation the following needs to occur:
1) The parents or guardians will seek an outside educational agency (or the services of a qualified educator) approved by the principal of Faith Lutheran School to conduct assessment test in the six mandated subject areas established by the state of Wisconsin: [Section 118.165 (1)(d) as amended];
2) Once the testing is completed, the principal will review the results and present them to the Faith School Board for review.
3) In making the placement decision the principal together with the Faith School Board may consider the age, the length of time in the Home-Based Private Education Program, mental ability, social and emotional adjustment, physical development, academic progress of the student and any other appropriate factors.
4) The evaluation process will include an interview with the parent or legal guardian before becoming effective.
5) The placement recommendation shall be in writing, signed by the principal and placed in the student’s record.