Why We Exist as a Congregation
Organized in the mid 1950's, we at Faith Lutheran work together to share the message of forgiveness through Jesus with each other and with those in the community around us. Together with the congregations which make up our church body at large: the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod or "WELS," We train pastors and teachers and assist in spreading the message of forgiveness through Jesus on foreign soil.
- The Bible is God's word and does not contain errors or mistakes.
- The Bible is our one source of comfort and guide for daily living.
- All people are born sinful and fall short of the righteousness that God requires for entrance into heaven.
- Because all sin, all deserve God's eternal punishment.
- God rescued people from this punishment by sending Jesus to be perfect in their place and be punished in their place.
- Eternal life is ours through faith in Jesus' life, death, and resurrection.
- God the Holy Spirit creates and strengthens saving faith in people's hearts through his word, and through the sacraments - Baptism and Lord's Supper.
- Out of thanks for what Jesus has done, Christians will strive to live their lives in a way that pleases Him using the Bible as their guide in determining what is right and what is wrong.